Alex and Carrie made their return appearance on Tuesday, and we finally did what you're "supposed" to do in Dublin - - a pub crawl. Not one of those organized, follow the local talent around to the pre-arranged atmospheric pubs, but rather a collection of various pubs along a path now well known to us.
Starting with dinner, we went to the "upscale" pub - the Bank, housed in a beautifully re-purposed nineteenth century bank building. After dinner drinks were to be found at the traditional Temple Bar - - crowded with tourists, music and good fun. Then on to a quieter, but still very traditional Farringtons, the first pub Mark and I visited back in 2010 when we ducked in to get out of the rain! On to the the Liffey and the spacious (and by now pretty empty) pub which shall remain nameless because I didn't write the name down. Mark and I called it a night (morning) after that, but the young folks closed out with one more stop.
Pub Crawling
We met up at lunch the next day to say our goodbyes. I will never understand why I'm not better at getting family pictures when we get together. But the memories last even without photographic proof.
Thanks for coming to see us!!!
Thursday sent us to Dun Laoughaire for a Retrofit Conference - - it was really interesting to get the Irish "take" on the greening of existing structures. They really have their work cut out for them with the age and design of their existing housing stock. Mark was a presenter, and made America proud (well, he made me proud at least, and I was the only American in the room).
Conference location
After the conference activities ended we took a walk along the waterfront guided by our DIT friend Sonya. It was another beautiful day. Don't know what to think about all the sun lately!
Beautiful day on the coast
The rest of my time has been spent planning Spring Break which officially began last night at 6:00. I have the trains booked, the hotels reserved, the bus tours selected and all we have to do is hope for good weather and no delays on the connecting trains.So, no new posts until we get back . . . I'm taking the camera with me, but leaving the computer at home!!
Safe travels to all my Indiana friends also on Spring Break.



No comments:
Post a Comment