Saturday we decided that it MUST be time for a return to the Botanical Gardens (see "Etherials") since it has been over a month since our first visit.
Happy Bee
Irish Robin
Magpie
Much had changed in a month, especially the need (or lack thereof) for a jacket. We spent most of the afternoon just exploring every corner of the park (and the tea house was good as well).
Primrose love it here
Heather
A Field of Golden Daffodils (I know it's Wordsworth, but I always think of Bullwinkle)
Saturday only whet our appetite for more - - so we decided to hop on the bus Sunday morning and ride for an hour to Wicklow County - the "Garden of Ireland". Our destination was Powerscourt Estate in Enniskerry, County Wicklow.
You know how sometimes you read about a tourist destination and think that it won't live up to the hype? Well, Powerscourt did NOT disappoint!! There is much history wrapped up in the estates surrounding Dublin, but I'll leave that for you to explore on your own (and I would encourage you to do so). As for me, I'm going to let the photos, once again, do the talking. Enjoy!
Looking back across Triton Lake
Closer look
View from "Pepperpot Tower"
Pepperpot Tower
Great Sugar Loaf Mountain
Rhododendrons the size of trees
Well, maybe not
Happy Pat





No comments:
Post a Comment