Friday, March 23, 2012

TGIF - - really

It sort of seems like this week has stretched beyond a week . . . not sure if that's a good thing.


But, I vowed to stay positive, and of course there were some real high points - - starting on Monday with the Guinness Storehouse!  How do you make a 32 year old act like he did when he was 5 and you took him to Disney World for his birthday?  Take him to Guinness!  A good time was had by all!

Looking up into the Worlds Largest Pint Glass

Views from the Gravity Bar - Guinness Storehouse

We actually closed the place out - - last call!  But that left time for a night of pubs and micro-brews   . . . I think Alex and Carrie had a good time in Dublin before heading off on the next leg of their Spring Break, and we're looking forward to seeing them again next Tuesday before they head home.

The weather has stayed pretty nice all week, which got us out to another garden we hadn't visited since we were here in 2010 -- the Castle Garden connected to Dublin Castle.  It's only a block away from our apartment, so not sure what took us so long to get back to it.

Dublin Castle

Today we were on a DIT field trip out to County Wicklow with a detour through "Hollywood" --  there was even a sign on the hill, but it didn't show up in the photo I took, so here's a more official sign.

Hollywood, Ireland

I also tried and failed to get photos of some new lambs with their mommas - - maybe tomorrow I'll have more luck.  I think we'll head back toward the Wicklow mountains in the morning to take advantage of a good weather report.

Have a great weekend, all!





No comments: